Before cooking with any meat, it’s important to understand the basics of purchasing, evaluating freshness, thawing, storing and other kitchen logistics. With these under your belt, almost any dish is possible with turkey.
For more information about turkey and cooking use the links below.
Information courtesy of the National Turkey Federation, Iowa Turkey Federation and Jennie-O Turkey Store. (Links will open in a new window.)
- Turkey 101 – great tips on everything from purchasing & thawing to roasting, grilling and storing (Jennie-O Turkey Store)
- Roasting a Whole Turkey (National Turkey Federation)
- Thanksgiving Cookbook: The Ultimate Guide to Whole Turkey (free download – courtesy of Iowa Turkey Federation)
- Deep Fried Turkey Indoors (with an electric deep fryer) – courtesy of My Other More Exciting Self blog
- Grilling a Turkey – great tips and easy-to-read instructions for charcoal grills, gas grills, smokers, and rotisserie turkey from TheFix.com
Read more safe food handling tips for turkey here.