Lara Durben, Minnesota Turkey Research & Promotion Council
Ph: 763/682-2171 (office) or 612/554-0920 (cell)
- Minnesota Turkey Growers Association (MTGA) has been serving up turkey at the Minnesota State Fair for 59 years (since 1958). Our State Fair concession stand, Turkey To Go, is known for its signature Giant Juicy Turkey Sandwich and Slow-Roasted Turkey Drumsticks.
- We’re offering TWO new products this year at Turkey To Go – meaty, juicy, mouth-watering Turkey Ribs and Turkey to Go by the Pound (frozen and ready to take home)!
- Our menu:
- Giant Juicy Turkey Sandwich ($7.75)
- NEW in 2017 Turkey Ribs ($7.75) – Flavors include original, sweet glazed, or buffalo
- Slow-Roasted Turkey Drumstick (Original, Sweet Glazed & Buffalo – $8.75)
- NEW in 2017 Turkey by the Pound – Frozen Turkey To Go product that you can take home with you! ($16.75 per pound)
- Tasty Turkey Sunrise Sandwich – Our signature Turkey To Go product, an egg, and slice of American cheese on a bun ($7.75 or add optional turkey bacon for an additional $1.00)
- Toppings: bleu cheese & buffalo sauce; brie & cranberry sauce; and crispy chopped bacon & sweet glaze ($2.50)
- A portion of every sale goes to Hunger Solutions Minnesota. Since 2008, TTG has donated over $58,000.
- Turkey To Go is located next to the All-You-Can-Drink Milk Stand (1256 Clough Street).
- Turkey To Go was named the People’s Choice Award for “Best Food or Beverage” at the 2012 Minnesota State Fair!
- Turkey to Go by the numbers:
- We expect to cook approximately 39,500 pounds of turkey at Turkey To Go this.
- From 2011-2016, Turkey To Go sold a total of 281,309 Giant Juicy Turkey sandwiches and 64,026 Slow-Roasted Turkey Drumsticks!
- Our Giant Juicy Turkey Sandwich (eaten without the bun) and Jumbo Turkey Drumstick are gluten-free.
- Don’t forget about our breakfast sandwich, which debuted in 2015 – the “Tasty Turkey Sunrise Sandwich” that includes our famous Turkey To Go pulled turkey, an egg, slice of American cheese on choice of bun Turkey bacon can also be added for an additional $1.00.
- Turkey To Go also has locations at Target Field. Up-to-date location information can be found at twitter.com/turkeytogo or visit www.turkeytogo.com for details.
- Target Field – Turkey To Go is behind home plate between sections 112 and 113 as well as outside Section 318.
- Turkeys raised in the U.S. are free of added hormones and steroids. In fact, there are no hormones or steroids approved for use in turkey production in the U.S. (and there hasn’t been since the 1950s) and they aren’t needed.
- Minnesota is ranked #1 for turkey production, processing, and hatching in the U.S. and is home to 450 turkey farmers who raise approximately 46 million turkeys annually on 600 farms. Minnesota has the most family-owned turkey farms of any state in the U.S. and many of our turkey producers are 4th, 5th, and 6th generation farmers.
- MTGA was formed in 1939 as a nonprofit trade association dedicated to fostering a successful turkey industry. Today MTGA and its sister organization, Minnesota Turkey Research Promotion Council work on behalf of Minnesota’s turkey industry in the areas of research, promotion, public relations, issues management, education and government affairs.
- Nutritionally, turkey has more protein than chicken or beef – plus fewer calories with zero trans- and saturated fat.
- MTGA’s Web site – minnesotaturkey.com – features links to turkey recipes for consumers and the foodservice industry. We also have recipes at our State Fair booth in the Dairy Building.
- Producing a quality, nutritious and safe product is the top priority for turkey farmers as well as turkey processing companies, which follow USDA guidelines for food safety. Consumers, too, need to do their part to ensure that turkey is handled properly in the kitchen and cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F., as measured by a food thermometer.
Twitter – @TurkeyToGo and @MinnesotaTurkey
Pinterest – pinterest.com/MinnesotaTurkey
Instagram – @TurkeyToGo and @MinnesotaTurkey