Have you ever wondered what it takes to own and manage a turkey breeder farm? Episode #18 of What The Cluck! Podcast is all about turkey breeders and the care and precision required to raise these hens for producing poults. Host Steve Olson is joined by Dr. Michelle Behl, Director of Poult Quality for Select Genetics in Willmar, Minn. and Loren “Butch” Brey, owner of Brey Farms in Sleepy Eye, Minn. The three discuss the egg laying process, hatching, incubation and poultry quality.
This is the first episode of six in our first ever “Turkey mini-series” that focuses on different aspects of raising turkeys.
Learn more about turkey breeders and farming at the following links:
- Aviagen Turkeys, http://www.aviagenturkeys.us/?redirectedfrom=en-gb
- Select Genetics, http://select-genetics.com/
- Hybrid Turkeys, https://www.hybridturkeys.com/en/
- A Day in the Life video featuring Loren Brey, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMvU1RQka7o&t=58s
- Oakdale Farm – the Nelson Family, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1UbeAPyDgQ
- For more videos of Minnesota turkey farmers, visit here: https://minnesotaturkey.com/farmers/farmer-videos/