Agriculture Program Specialist / Communications Assistant
An association located in Buffalo, MN seeks an outgoing, detail-oriented person with excellent verbal and written communications skills and enthusiasm for agriculture for a full-time Agriculture Program Specialist / Communications Assistant.
Position includes the following duties:
- Coordinating a variety of membership programs and events
- Assisting with educational, public relations and other communications activities/events
- Web site maintenance
- Assisting with social media activities
- Assisting with a variety of member communications pieces, both print and electronic
- Representing the association at agriculture-related meetings and events – knowledge of agricultural production methods and policy issues.
- Outreach and programming for high school and college students
- Excellent Communications Skills – Written and Oral
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, ect.)
- Proficient and knowledgeable of today’s communication tools and strategies
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Must have a 2-year college degree and/or related experience
- Must have a farm background and/or agricultural experience
- Time management and organization skills
- Ability to travel as required
The right person must be flexible, self-motivated and enjoy a small office environment with a lot of variety. Send cover letter and resume to MTGA, 108 Marty Dr., Buffalo, MN 55313; or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.