It’s #FarmFactFriday and we’re sharing a new infographic all about Minnesota’s turkey industry. Did you know:
- Minnesota has 450 turkey farmers – many of whom come from 3rd, 4th and even 5th generation farm families! (You can learn more about our farmers’ family connections here.)
- Every turkey raised in Minnesota brings over $17 of economic impact to the state. Multiple $17 times 46 million birds raised each year, and that’s a lot of economic impact!
- Farmers in Kandiyohi County raise the most turkeys in Minnesota.
- Minnesota is home to three turkey processing companies – Jennie-O Turkey Store, Turkey Valley Farms and Northern Pride Cooperative. Collectively, these companies employ nearly 8,000 people.
- The Minnesota Turkey Growers Association was formed in 1939 – that’s 75 years ago!
Check out the infographic for even more fun facts – and save this for Thanksgiving. It will give you some great conversation starters for the big meal!