MTGA Announces Allied Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient
For immediate release
Contact: Lara Durben, email@example.com
Jerry Foss, Huvepharma Inc., Honored For His Years of Service and Dedication
(Buffalo, MN) … Jerry Foss of Victoria, Minn. was honored for his many years of service to Minnesota’s turkey industry at the Minnesota Turkey Growers Association (MTGA) Summer Meeting last month in Nisswa, Minn. Foss
received the 2013 MTGA Allied Lifetime Achievement Award.
Foss currently serves as the Director of the Livestock Business Unit at Huvepharma, a firm manufacturing feed additives and veterinary pharmaceuticals for the animal health and nutrition industry.
The award is based on several criteria:
- Long-term service to the industry (20+ years).
- Long-term support of the MTGA.
- Well-respected by peers and customers.
- Commitment to enhance Minnesota’s turkey industry.
MTGA Allied Committee Member Randy Olson, Best Veterinary Solutions and a long-time colleague and friend of Foss, made the awards presentation.
Jerry has more than 27 years experience in the animal health and nutrition industry. He has held several positions in key animal health companies, including:
- Regional Sales Manager of Medicated Feed Additives, Packaged Veterinary Products, and Vitamin Premixes at Roche Animal Health
- National Account and Regional Sales Manager of Medicated Feed Additives, Packaged Veterinary Products, and Vitamin Premixes at Roche Animal Health
- Director of Sales and Marketing North America at Gelita
- Director of Sales and Marketing at Van Beek Global
- Sales Manager – Livestock at Phibro Animal Health
- Manager of Ridley Equine Specialty Products
Jerry also serves on the American Feed Ingredients Association’s Marketing Committee and is active in poultry, dairy, swine and beef industry groups – including a long-time member and supporter of the Minnesota Turkey Growers Association and an exhibitor at the Midwest Poultry Federation Convention.
The MTGA, founded in 1939 and located in Buffalo, MN, is a nonprofit association dedicated to fostering a successful Minnesota turkey industry and its ability to make positive contributions to consumers, the economy, the environment and its members. Minnesota is currently ranked #1 for turkey production in the U.S. with its 250 turkey farmers raising approximately 47 million turkeys annually. Minnesota has the most independent turkey farmers of any state in the U.S. For further details, visit www.minnesotaturkey.com.