Interviews with Minnesota Turkey Growers Association Executive Director Steve Olson and audience samples from our Turkey To Go restaurant at the Minnesota State Fair!
Steve Olson is available August 25-28 and again September 3-5.
(Note that audience samples can be made available during all dates of the State Fair; however Steve’s availability for interviews is limited to the dates above.)
We love to talk turkey!
- Minnesota Turkey Growers Association (MTGA) has been serving up turkey at the Minnesota State Fair for 58 years (since 1958).
- Our State Fair concession stand, Turkey To Go, is known for its signature Giant Juicy Turkey Sandwich and Slow-Roasted Turkey Drumsticks. We also debuted a new breakfast sandwich last year – the “Tasty Turkey Sunrise Sandwich” that includes our famous Turkey To Go pulled turkey, an egg, slice of American cheese on choice of bun.
- Minnesota is ranked #1 for turkey production, processing, and hatching in the U.S. and is home to 450 turkey farmers who raise approximately 46 million turkeys annually on 600 farms. Minnesota has the most family-owned turkey farms of any state in the U.S. and many of our turkey producers are 3rd, 4th and 5th generation farmers.
- Minnesota Turkey Research & Promotion Council’s booth in the Dairy Building will feature:
- A large pictorial display on the history of turkey farming
- A comprehensive look at how turkey products get to your kitchen table
- A fun turkey-cutout of a tom (male) and hen (female) turkey for photos
- Free recipe cards and other brochures
Please contact Lara Durben, MTGA Communications Director, to schedule an interview with Steve and/or audience samples:
- Ph: 763/682-2171 (office), 612/554-0920 (mobile)