FOR NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Twin Cities Students “Flock” to See Turkeys from the National Thanksgiving Flock
What: National Thanksgiving Turkey Flock Members Visit Twin Cities Students
When: November 14, 2018
• Kaposia Education Center
o 1225 1st Ave S, South St. Paul, MN 55075
o Presenting to five 4th grade classes (137 students)
• Cedar Riverside Community Schools
o 1610 S 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55454
o Presenting to 4th and 5th grade classes (34 students)
• The Minnesota Turkey Growers will be bringing a turkey from the National Thanksgiving Flock to two schools in the Twin Cities to teach students about the tradition of the National Thanksgiving Turkey ceremony at the White House, help them learn more about Minnesota’s turkey farmers, and share with them what the Minnesota 4-H program is all about.
• Each year, two turkeys travel to Washington D.C. – one serves as the National Thanksgiving Turkey and the other as his Alternate. The turkey that will visit the schools is a brother to these two birds.
• The National Thanksgiving Turkey is part of a flock that is being raised in Alexandria, MN by the Carl and Sharlene Wittenburg. Carl is the current chairman of the National Turkey Federation and also a Minnesota Turkey Growers Association member.
• 2017 marks the 70th anniversary of the National Thanksgiving Turkey ceremony.
• Steve Olson, Executive Director of the Minnesota Turkey Growers Association
• 4-H members from the Alexandria, Minn., area who are assisting with the training the birds
• Kaposia and Cedar Riverside students
More Information about the National Thanksgiving Flock:
Facebook | Instagram – @MinnesotaTurkey | Snapchat – MinnesotaTurkey
RSVP your attendance to:
Nicole Krumrie, 763-682-2171 or firstname.lastname@example.org