As we move toward a new year, we took a few moments to capture 2014 in photos. This video highlights the people and events that made this a most amazing 75th anniversary year for the Minnesota Turkey Growers Association. Check it out – and Merry Christmas!
It’s #FarmFactFriday and we’re sharing a new infographic all about Minnesota’s turkey industry. Did you know:
- Minnesota has 450 turkey farmers – many of whom come from 3rd, 4th and even 5th generation farm families! (You can learn more about our farmers’ family connections here.)
- Every turkey raised in Minnesota brings over $17 of economic impact to the state. Multiple $17 times 46 million birds raised each year, and that’s a lot of economic impact!
- Farmers in Kandiyohi County raise the most turkeys in Minnesota.
- Minnesota is home to three turkey processing companies – Jennie-O Turkey Store, Turkey Valley Farms and Northern Pride Cooperative. Collectively, these companies employ nearly 8,000 people.
- The Minnesota Turkey Growers Association was formed in 1939 – that’s 75 years ago!
Check out the infographic for even more fun facts – and save this for Thanksgiving. It will give you some great conversation starters for the big meal!
A major goal with our new website debut is to add a blog all about Minnesota’s turkey farmers and the business of raising turkeys. This space is where we’ll bring in a variety of people to write about what life is like raising turkeys, along with folks who work for companies that supply the turkey industry (like construction, feed, bird health and more). We will also have a few Minnesota Turkey staffers write occasional updates on what’s happening, and we’d love to answer your questions, too!
Stay turned and watch our website for more information. We’re in the process of signing up writers now and will be back in early 2015 with new posts! In the meantime, if you have any questions for Minnesota Turkey, please leave them in the comments section below or email us at email@example.com. You can also follow our various social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
See you again soon!
Minnesota Turkey Growers Association
108 Marty Dr.
Buffalo, MN 55313-9338